Thursday, December 01, 2005

Right on time

The Lord is helping me see the beauty in my circumstance.

I've only attended my neighborhood church twice. It's about a five-minute walk from my doorstep. I remember the first time I went. I was happy after I left the service. "Finally," I thought,"I'm going to connect to a local group of believers."

I was also a little worried.

I'm willing to bet all my earthly goods that I'm the only single late-twenty-something in the congregation. Or at least, that's how it felt.

Self-consciousness started to get the best of me.

But whenever The Enemy presents me with a reason to be upset, God sends another thought to ease my mind.

I know that he can, and will, use me for good in any circumstance.

Furthermore, tonight, while surfing the internet, I found this excellent article.

As a single Christian woman in a small-town congregation...I swear it was written just for me. :)

No comments: