Monday, December 12, 2005

Paging Tom Green

I hear you've got a new track out called "Teachers Suck".

And I want to like it, because I have a sense of humor, and, like you, I'm Canadian.

But.

I'm a teacher.

And I don't suck. And I didn't get into this profession because I'm too dense to do anything else.

One day I'm sure that Mr. Green will be asked a question re his intent. Pray, what was in his head when he came up with his current hit?

He may try to tell the audience that it was all tongue in cheek, that anyone who has any kind of sense will know better than to take "Teachers Suck" seriously.

But there are millions of students who are going to take his nonsense at face value. They will feel that they have license to degrade and disrespect their teachers.

I'm sick and tired of these artists thinking they don't have to make responsible decisions regarding the products of their so-called creative "genius".

I don't have anything else to say right now, other than that it's a damn shame.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Teachers don't suck, their underpaid and underappreciated. Look at who this comment was coming from, a man who probably never in his life listened to his teacher.