Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Why am I here?

No, not me. My blog.

I look at pages like the list of links on Josh Harris' web site, and I feel both ashamed and inspired. Ashamed because at times in my blogging I feel purposeless. Sometimes I realize that I can seem a bit flighty and odd. (Where else on the web can you go for a rant about the importance of hanging onto one's faith, and a commentary on the latest lingerie?) Inspired... Because I feel more and more these days, a need to cling to my divine inklings, and write about what I know.

And what I know is that I need God.

1 comment:

none said...

Sometimes I laugh at how stupid and flighty I sound in my blog, but you know, it really doesn't matter. I spend a lot of time in my real life using my brain (I'm a scientist, so I kinda have to), talking or thinking about God, keeping abreast of world news and all of that... so if I want to blog about nail polish and my love of large purses, I'm not going to let myself feel bad about that. My blog is my outlet, for all of the silly or seemingly inconsequential thoughts that I need to get out of my head. It doesn't have to be serious or impressive, and neither does yours (though I am impressed... I think your blog is cool. And I totally buy pretty underwear even though no one else will see it but me).