Monday, September 26, 2005

Carry A *What*...?

This morning, I lay in bed, earphones in, listening to the radio.

You know those epic rock songs from the 80s?

*sheds a tear for Chicago*

There's this song...I'm tellin' you...It's been bothering me for years. It didn't matter what the verses said. Whenever the chorus came up, from what I could tell, it was all about this chick named Carrie A.

Or so I thought.

Carrie A lays along the road that I should travel...

Still. Something told me that I didn't have things quite right.

And so this morning, I tried to listen with new ears. At last, I thought I had it. "Mmmm...." I said to myself in my hazy morning fog. "...It's called 'Carry A Laser'".

And I just felt soooo clever. I was gonna come in here and blog about how wonderful it was that I finally managed to figure out the title of the song that had eluded me since childhood.

And then I went to Google.

The first entry that came up after typing "Carry A Laser" had a blurb that mentioned "Kyrie Eleison..."

I pressed on.

"Kyrie Eleison" is actually Greek for "Lord have mercy".

And so, even in a simple, nagging quest for knowledge...The Lord speaks.

No comments: