Thursday, June 02, 2005

Strange, but beautiful.

That's what my past two days have been.

There is one thing that the Lord knows (literally) that my soul has cried out for.

A job.

I have bills to pay, and yadda, yadda, yadda... (I never believed that God wouldn't come to my aid. However I've been very anxious. Trusting in God's timing isn't for wimps.)

Yesterday I was starting to feel the pull of hopelessness. No matter how positive I insist on being, the Enemy is always there, trying to discourage me.

Not that I have given him much of a fight. My efforts, as of yesterday morning, had proven unsuccessful. On Tuesday night, I finally received a call from one of many ESL schools that I have applied to...Their representative said he wanted to meet with me. I returned his message as soon as I could yesterday morning. I told him that I would be available for an interview this morning. He said, in his own way, "Great! I'll phone you back."

Trouble is, he never did.

After about 45 minutes of waiting, I phoned him back. His excuse?

"I forgot."

Irritated, I headed over to Volunteer Toronto's web site. After much laundry and a bite to eat, plus an extensive jaunt involving both a subway and a bus, I found myself in an interview.

The position is voluntary, but it has prospects and possibilities for full-time employment.

Last night, I cancelled on Mr. ESL. I can forgive a forgotten phone call if you're a friend.

Almost.

But a professional contact? When you're the one who says s/he wants to see me?

You're pushing it.

Anyhow. As for my current opportunity...I'm excited. And blessed.

I have never been in an interview where the interviewer seemed genuinely excited about my potential. My boss has faith in me.

More importantly, she has faith in God. She mentioned her faith in the interview--again, for me, another first--and I thought I was dreaming.

Before I arrived...All I knew was that I was heading off to volunteer for something.

Yes, the ad was that vague.

By the time I was on my way home, I felt as though I had been directed to an opportunity ordained by The Maker.

(As an aside...I won't go into the details here, but from what I'm seeing...Every step in this new direction is a step of faith. For the first time in my life, I feel as though I'm walking in His way, according to His will.)

Immediately after my departure I grabbed some food and made my way to my second-last Freedomize membership meeting. I can hardly wait to join!

And yes, I've been crabby about church in past entries, but honestly...I'm excited.

I feel as though I'm getting ready to marry God.

*squee*

The Lord has worked in my life in some mysterious, wonderful, wild ways. I can hardly wait to see what He has in store.

No comments: