Saturday, May 29, 2004

Soul Plane

I hate this movie and I haven't even seen it yet.

A home-grown review describes it as, "...a comedy that feeds this feverish conspiracy theory I have in the back of my brain, that the Klan has been fending off bankruptcy selling bits to black entertainers."

I couldn't have said it better myself.

What's wrong with everyone? The people who believe in stereotypes and think they're worth depicting onscreen, the actors who are desperate enough to play roles in films like these....The writers who come up with this sh--, the producers and directors...

And then there are the fools who will go see it.

I want to see all overtly stereotypical media--like Soul Plane--banned. There aren't any merits to these types of productions. I thought we had outgrown minstrel shows.

No comments: