Wednesday, February 22, 2006

How is it...?

How is it that we go on this way? And just who are we? Day by day, I find myself consumed by thoughts of love. And more. I am consumed by trying to comprehend this madness, and this beauty, into which we have been...Inserted.

Inserted? Does that make sense? Because I know that I and we are here with reason. Too often, my senses fail to comprehend the plan behind it. God creates nothing if not for something. Am I making sense? The only soul I care to feed as I type this randomness is my own. Yet I want to share my methodless madness with someone, as I believe deeply that my strangeness is another's sanity.

Why do so many of us attempt to defy human nature, insisting that we can do all alone? For we are better together. I say this in earnest, though I risk dragging you into my mire. Are you inspired? For, I love my solitude. Crave it, when others insist that they must follow the crowd. Yet I long for like-minded beings to mingle with, to commune with. It's as Alanis once said in song, "...and what I wouldn't give, to meet a kindred."

Kindred.

Calling to mind my childhood and my favorite book Anne of Green Gables, and how she, Anne, used to speak of wanting to meet a kindred spirit. Until she found Diana Barry.

One day I will find my bliss. One day I will know peace. I will know love. And a person to whom I can speak my language and be understood.

No comments: