Sunday, October 09, 2005

The Gospel

The movie "The Gospel" has become my latest obsession. Yesterday I spent (wasted?) hours online, transfixed by the film's trailer...Which looks better on Yahoo movies than the official site, btw....Its soundtrack features "Victory"...An incredible single by Yolanda Adams that should be played LOUD...It permeates my soul...And brought tears to my eyes when I first heard it...

It also seems to have an okay storyline.

While investigating, I noticed an interesting trend.

There's a marked difference between the so-called-professional and real-people reviews on Yahoo.

I honestly can't say anything concerning the quality of the production. I haven't seen it yet. Regardless, there's are certain things that I know to be true:

People are crying, dying for decent God-centered stories to be told on the big screen.

The Lord is real. Not only for me, but millions of individuals the world over.

My only hope is that it's a good movie, and not one of those Waiting To Exhale Because I Got a love jones in tha' Hood after meeting the Best Man who had a bag of Brown Sugar after a game of Love and Basketball* movies

*That Fantasy Movie Title was taken from a post written by Someone I Can't Remember... Back in the days of the Fametracker forums. The topic was those stereotype-laden so-called "black" films.

No comments: