Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Random Morning Thoughts...

Upon awaking, I thanked God, and I prayed...For friends, for family, for insight into the strange, silent circumstance that I am facing.

God has a plan for me, and I'm dying to know what it is!!

Then my mind was drawn to my MSN pic. It's of Jill Scott. I was thinking about changing about another lovely black woman that I've admired...Maybe Dorothy Dandridge...

Which immediately calls to mind Carmen Jones, and Ms. D being sung to--and singing with--Harry Belafonte...

"You is my Joe..."

"I is your Joe..."

What is it with this media-marketed idea that black folks shouldn't speak proper English?

And then I remember that bad grammar makes me want to poke out my eyes. I can handle colloquial language, but not when it's used in extremes or as serious speech.

And then I set off to begin my day...

No comments: