Saturday, May 14, 2005

*The Big V* and Me

One of the constant curiosities of my adult life has been my sexuality. Specifically, my decision not to have sex of any kind until I am married.

I read in the TV listings that a movie about virginity, called The Big V will be on Vision TV this week.

I might have to miss it, as I am attending a meeting. However...It seems like it'll be interesting.

Among other notable quotables...

"We've gone from being ashamed for having sex to being ashamed for not having sex. Promiscuous people are not expected to justify their promiscuous behaviour. We take it for granted. It's all done in the name of fun. I don't see why the virgins of the world have to justify themselves."

-- Romeo, gay male (my italics)


I couldn't have said it better myself.

I'm tired of my sexual status being perceived by our culture as a shameful thing.

I'm a romantic. It is true that I crave affection, like you would not believe. Sometimes the longing within has been so strong, I have consulted friends to verify my normalcy. Truth be told, I have cried over it, many, many times.

And yet.

I fail to see the point of getting involved with someone just for the sake of getting involved. I'm determined to hold out for The One that God has chosen for me.

No comments: