Saturday, February 05, 2005

I want you to do me a favor.

Go to this page. Then come back. I want to know what Ms. Knowles has done to earn such a large portion of an image, while Martin Luther King Jr.'s face has been relegated to small corner. I'm serious. I'd like to read your comments.

I do not have a problem with Beyonce. On a personal level, I'm sure she's a very lovely young woman. But I take great exception to the way her image has been manipulated and foisted upon us -- via the media -- as THE. Black. Woman. EVERY. Black. Woman. Should. WANT. to. Be.

I could write a significant rant, but I'm waaaaaaaaaaay too tired.

As for her significance in Black History...

Just....

No.

ETA: Interestingly enough...Since my originally posting this mini-rant, the image has been changed.

No comments: