Friday, September 03, 2004

Flip-flops. Not just a pair of shoes...

Hi All,

By this time next week I'll be on campus. Up to my ears in orientation. Or poutine.

Funny how when your life moves in new directions, you realize that you're probably going to change as well.

A few weeks ago, my blog took a religious turn. I figured it was only fair, as I am a spiritual person.

But in the aftermath of my burst of passion, I have questions. I have concerns. Above all else, I'm looking forward to growing. I haven't have enough life experience to know who I am in many realms, including the spiritual. And yes, I know I'm in my 20s. But to give you a picture of my development at this point: Just think of any normal person in their late-20s--and consider the fact that I, la maestra, have been far, far more sheltered than your average 20-something.

That isn't to say that I have any intention of giving up on God. Far from it. But I don't want my spiritual views to overwhelm me to the point that I become some sort of screeching, legalistic harpie.

No comments: