Thursday, September 23, 2004

Because I'm so damn happy...

I've come to a decision. My official theme song is "Golden" by Jill Scott. You can find it here. I would love to have her new CD, but Beautifully Human is among my list of wants as opposed to needs.

I came back earlier tonight after a wonderful evening. I was out among friends. We were talking, and laughing...And even singing. :) (Happy Birthday Joanne!!!)

Somehow my soul felt inspired. I never thought I'd feel I had the right to make "Golden" my own. I used to listen to it and say, "I want to know that feeling."

But sooner than I imagined, the time has come. I can't resist sharing the way I feel...

"Golden" expresses a bliss and satisfaction and a love of life that I thought I would never find. Yet somehow, piece by piece, my world is coming together. That, and I adore Jill Scott's bright, bold, lush voice. Her phrasing is exquisite. She does more than sing. She claims every note. In "Golden", she's proud of every word. (The teacher in me hopes to use her work for a unit on poetry and/or listening. ;) )

I'm in a program I love. I have amazing professors and classmates. I live in a great neighborhood, in a city I adore. I love my friends and family, although I miss them to death. And I couldn't have asked for better roommates.

I feel incredibly blessed. :)

If anything bad should happen, at the very least, I will have had...This.

No comments: