Thursday, May 13, 2004

I would like to thank the TTC

For endangering my life.

I was in Toronto last week for an interview. I ran a few errands. Naturally, because I don't drive, I took the subway.

Then this morning I was listening to my trusty news-radio station. They were talking about a bomb threat that had been made last Tuesday.

What makes it all that much more wonderful is knowing that the Toronto Transit Commission's chair, Howard Moscoe, didn't think the threat was worth mentioning to passengers.

So thanks, guys, for endangering my life. Every time I go to Toronto my mom worries that I'll be in some kind of danger. I just brush it off and tell her not to worry. There's a part of me that believes she's exaggerating. I even tell her so. Little does she know that inside I'm praying like nobody's business...

But, yeah. Thank you for not telling me that I was in harm's way on May 4, 2004. I might've died, but what the hey.

Maybe my mom would've been able to give me the funeral I always wanted.

No comments: